16 He that believes and is baptized (Baptized into Christ’s death, not water baptism. Romans 6:3-4) shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My Name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into Heaven, and sat on the Right Hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” Mark 16:15-20
These signs shall follow those that have made Jesus Christ the Lord of their life:
- In the Name of Jesus they shall cast out devils. Jesus Christ defeated every demon in hell on Calvary’s Cross.
- They shall speak in new tongues. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 2:4) will follow those Who believe. Jesus told all of His followers immediately before His Ascension that they should “wait for the Promise of the Father” (Acts 1:4). He was speaking of being “Baptized with the Holy Ghost” (Acts 1:5).
- They shall take up serpents. Believers will put away demon spirits…not reptiles. Luke 10:29
- If they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them. This does not mean purposely ingesting poison in order to prove one’s faith but the protection of God if one accidentally ingests that which is unhealthy.
- They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. In the name of Jesus, the sick will be healed…whether it be this side of Glory or not. We are all appointed a time to die unless we go in the rapture.
“19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19-21.
These signs (among others) shall NOT follow those that have made Jesus Christ the Lord of their life:
- Fornication – living together
- Lasciviousness – unbridled lust, shamelessness, license to sin
- Idolatry – today’s idolatry consists of 40 days, 12 steps, feasts, festivals and traditions of man for victory over the world, the flesh and the devil.
- Witchcraft – Witchcraft is rampant in the church. Speaking things into existence or not speaking something for fear it will come true is withcraft and superstition, not faith. Lying about our sickness does not bring about healing and ignorance of our condition is not victory.
Sin will not follow Believers. We do not conjure up miracles. We place our faith in Jesus Christ and what He has done on Calvary’s Cross and the signs will follow. Recognize the fruit which follows the “Believer”. If they do not possess that which they profess, their profession is empty. The Gospel of Jesus Christ will effect a change in the Believer’s life…a change of heart; a circumcision of the heart made without hands.
“You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.” Matthew 7:16-17.
You shall know in Whom they believe by the fruit that is brought forth.
-Donna Clark Warren