At the Cross, Jesus paid the penalty of sin (death).
At the Cross, Jesus broke the power of sin in the Believer’s life.
“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the Law, but under Grace.” Romans 6:14.
Following are means by which the power of sin is not broken:
1. 40 days of purpose will not break the power of sin.
2. 12 steps will not break the power of sin.
3. 21 days of fasting, even though Scriptural, were not given to break the power of sin.
4. Hail Mary’s will not break the power of sin.
5. Positive confessions (denying the problem) will not break the power of sin.
6. Reading our Bible, even though we should ALL read our Bible, was not given to us to break the power of sin.
There is but ONE answer for the penalty of sin and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
However, there is but ONE answer to the power of sin in the Believer’s life as well and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
“For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2
The Holy Spirit is not commissioned to free the Believer from the power of sin and death when their faith is placed in various laws to overthrow the sin which so easily besets us.
“But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, THE JUST shall live by faith.” Galatians 3:11
As a Believer in Jesus Christ, Who He is and what He has done on Calvary’s Cross for whosoever will believe, we are “the Just”…. go and live by faith in the Son of God.
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
-Donna Clark Warren