“But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
Things a Believer does not have to do in order to seek the Kingdom of God:
- Seek a Purpose Driven Life for 40 days. Every day is a day unto the Lord. The Scripture says “This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ” Psalms 118:24. This isn’t for 40 days…this is every day.
- Understand a “Grace Revolution” which dismisses and ignores the conviction of the Holy Spirit of sin and calls it condemnation from satan…extremely dangerous territory.
- Looking for Harbingers. Jesus admonished the nobleman in Galilee saying “…Except you see signs and wonders, you will not believe.” John 4:48. The Word of God directly addresses the Jews who constantly seeks signs. “For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:” 1 Corinthians 1:22 Yet many continue to follow the “Messianic Jew” who authored the book Harbingers.
- Shemitahs – the shemitah was a law given by God to Israel which gave the land rest every seventh year (Deuteronomy 15:1-5). After years of not observing this rest and turning from the ways of God, Israel went into captivity for 70 years. For 70 years Israel lay desolate as the Israelites were held in Babylonian captivity (Jeremiah 29:10-14). We, as New Testament Believers, do not partake in “Shemitahs”…or any other Jewish feasts and festivals. Our rest is in the finished work of Jesus Christ…everyday. ” Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into His rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.” Hebrews 4:1-2.
- Blood Moons – I was admonished once by an elder in the church I attended because I began listening to Jimmy Swaggart Ministries. This elder referred Bro. Swaggart as a “Bible pusher” because of the monthly Biblethon which raises money to send Bibles all over the world. At the same time this church was preaching and teaching on the book the Blood Moons every Sunday night.
- Extra Biblical revelations – Extra Biblical revelations are often given not to contradict but to “supplement” the Word of God. Make no doubt, most if not all of these “prophetic” supplements come from the vanities of their own mind and have nothing whatsoever to do with “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God…“
So how does a Believer “…Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33.
- Read the Word of God. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Timothy 3:1-17.
- Test the spirits. “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” 1 John 4:1
- Search the Scriptures. “These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Acts 17:11.
- Study to show thyself approved. “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15.
- Lastly but certainly not least, understand that what you are reading in the Word of God, from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, points to Jesus Christ, Who He is and what He has done on Calvary’s Cross for whosoever will believe. “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” John 1:14.
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8.
-Donna Clark Warren