“For the preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
Throughout the ages there have been numerous false doctrines that made the circuits throughout the church. Many, if not most, are the same, only rewrapped in a new packaging for the modern Believer. One thing is for certain, ALL are designed to transfer the Believer’s faith from the atoning work of Jesus Christ to another source. Below is a list of some but certainly not all that are making the circuits today in no particular order. Please keep in mind, if we as a Believer get the Atonement of Jesus Christ wrong, we get the entirety of the Gospel wrong. The Cross of Christ is the dividing line between the true Church and the endtimes apostate church. For one, the Cross of Christ is foolishness and for the other, It is the Power of Almighty God. Here we go:
- Hebraics Roots Movement – Prayer shawls, yamachas and celebrating Jewish feasts are not Scriptural. No where in the Bible does it talk about prayer shawls and Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law…It is finished. “Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.” Matthew 5:17.
- Jesus died spiritually – One of the main proponents of this doctrine is Joyce Meyer. For one to claim that Jesus died spiritually; that He became a sinner to take our place, is utter nonsense and shows that the teacher has absolutely no knowledge of the types and shadows of the Old Testament Sacrifices. Jesus Christ was a Sin Offering for mankind. The Sin Offerings of the Old Testament did not become sin…they atoned for sin. The blood of bulls and goats could not take away sin from our account but restored fellowship with God. Only the Blood of Jesus Christ, the “Lamb of God”, washes away our sin. If Jesus Christ did in fact “become a sinner” on the Cross, then someone would have to atone for His “sin” as well. God forbid no!
- The Blood of Jesus did not atone for sin and that Jesus redeemed man, not on the Cross but in Hell. “When His Blood was poured out, it did not atone.” are the words of Kenneth Copeland. These words are blasphemy spewed from the mouth of Kenneth Copeland, along with many other vanities from his own mind. Denying the Blood Atonement of Jesus Christ to cleanse us from all sin and declaring that some kind of fight in hell between Jesus and satan erupted and that the atonement was won in hell or that Jesus was tortured in hell for 3 days, is again, utter heresy and most dangerous. Allow me to repeat, if we get the Atonement wrong, which is what we also refer to the Cross of Christ, is to get Salvation wrong and can lead to our destruction.
- Word of faith movement is actually no faith at all. Kenneth Copeland leads the way with this doctrine as well. Not only does it declare the Blood of Christ was the greatest defeat in human history but it proclaims the Believer to be “little gods” as they practice witchcraft, superstition and mysticism. If you don’t believe or have faith in their incantation or if you don’t say the cantation just so, you are cursed. White witchcraft, meaning witchcraft for the good, is still witchcraft. Let me be perfectly clear, only God has the power to create…not man.
- Soul ties – once a person comes to Salvation, all “soul ties” are broken. Jesus Christ broke all bondages when we accept Him as Lord and Saviour. There is no need for a ceremony to break these ties again. The Blood of Jesus was enough.
- Positive confession – If you are sick, this doctrine says do not confess this sickness. In other words, if the problem is confessed, it becomes true. How are we going to get healed if we don’t ask the Lord to heal us? That is just one example but there are many. Any negative in our life confessed, makes that negative true. The fact of the matter is, that negative is already true and the Believer needs deliverance. Yet this doctrine denies the Believer the ability to ask God for His help.
- Deliverance ministries – While deliverance is indeed needed for many, the Child of God cannot be demon possessed. They can certainly be oppressed but not possessed. The deliverance ministers often have their script (incantation) and will often use the name of Jesus as a lucky trinket if you will to deliver this demon from a Christian. It is the demons fault that the person sins and once it is cast away, the person is free from sin. While part of this is true, the fact remains that if a Believer is bound by sin, repentance is necessary…true repentance for turning away from God, not just sorrow for their current circumstances.
- Blood Moons, Shemitahs, Harbingers and the “Lady of Revelation” – All of this is numerology, sorcery and clear superstition. The Word of God clearly states no one knows the day or the hour. Why not just preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
“(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)” Philippians 3:18-19.
Many get offended when false doctrine is discussed. However, when we read our Bible we are repeatedly warned against false doctrine. The Word of God tells of the endtimes apostate church and Jesus Christ is on the outside knocking. The Cross of Christ is the dividing line between the apostate church and the true Church. Ask the Lord to show you which side of the line you are standing and supporting. You may be surprised…I was certainly shocked.
-Donna Clark Warren